From Naewna, January 30, 2015
Uncle Sam says: The US warns Thailand to stop impeachment or lawsuits against the most corrupt family who comes from the election because it is not democratic.
Caption: Who says that there is no place for corrupt people in society?
[Refers to the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, Daniel Russel’s remarks on former PM Yingluck’s impeachment.
“No place for corrupt people in society?” ironically references the famous “good people can’t live in this country” quote used by Red Shirt leaders to eulogize anti-monarchist Col. Apiwan Wiriyachai. Apiwan was nicknamed “Col. Romanov” for his fiery history lessons explain how a people’s movement massacred the Russian royal family.
More here: Good people can’t live in this country]
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon
- The weapons spell his name