From Naewna, January 30, 2015
Uncle Sam says: The US warns Thailand to stop impeachment or lawsuits against the most corrupt family who comes from the election because it is not democratic.
Caption: Who says that there is no place for corrupt people in society?
[Refers to the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, Daniel Russel’s remarks on former PM Yingluck’s impeachment.
“No place for corrupt people in society?” ironically references the famous “good people can’t live in this country” quote used by Red Shirt leaders to eulogize anti-monarchist Col. Apiwan Wiriyachai. Apiwan was nicknamed “Col. Romanov” for his fiery history lessons explain how a people’s movement massacred the Russian royal family.
More here: Good people can’t live in this country]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?