The US-Burma Connection – The Irrawaddy, November 15, 2011
…Some critics have argued for years that Washington’s brand of megaphone and big stick diplomacy will never work to bring about change in Burma. But it seems that the Obama administration’s current dual track approach—of engagement coupled with sanctions—has been the most effective international Burma policy to date, helping both to prod the Burmese government into opening up to constructive dialogue and motivating it to make changes that it may not otherwise have made…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing
- News from the 1890s