From Manager, January 1, 2014
Commander of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Pol. Maj. Gen. Kamronwit Thoopkrachang: A third hand shot a policeman and other protesters.
[A “third hand” means the third party. This refers to the clash between riot police and protesters at the Thai-Japanese stadium on December 26, 2013. Anti-government protesters were gathering to prevent candidates registering for the upcoming elections.
This cartoon expresses skepticism that the shootings that occurred there were not carried out by the police themselves. The police later seemed to confirm that the “men in black” photographed on a rooftop were indeed police officers. This incident is similar to the army snipers who shot at Red Shirts trying to continue on their protest in a temple in 2010. It demonstrates that both the police and the army are political entities that side with one side or another in the interest of protecting their status and prerogatives.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party