[13 years ago, such historical questions could still be openly debated within Thailand. This was despite suggestions and warnings that historians should not debate the authenticity of the stone.
However, as Thailand’s royalty and its royal history began to be invoked in pro- and anti-Thaksin protests, such questioning grew off limits and scholars were threatened with lese majeste charges.]
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings