[13 years ago, such historical questions could still be openly debated within Thailand. This was despite suggestions and warnings that historians should not debate the authenticity of the stone.
However, as Thailand’s royalty and its royal history began to be invoked in pro- and anti-Thaksin protests, such questioning grew off limits and scholars were threatened with lese majeste charges.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions