From Arun, April 16, 2015
A box on the left: Q-Kon: Arun Watcharasawat [the column’s name and the cartoonist]
Title on the right: Big bear the true friend
Top Left: “Moody’s” cuts the credit of the Russia’s bonds to “junk.”
Bear: Maew… [meaning “cat”]
Siamese cat: What, bear?
A bear: Nothing… Just want to make sure whether I still have a friend.
[Refers to the credit cut by the rating company Moody’s Investor Service to Russia’s credit due to the decline of oil prices. The Thai junta has maintained closer ties with Russia. In the cartoon the American eagle in the top right watches the pair.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out