From Manager, May 25, 2012
Yingluck says to Thaksin’s ex-wife and his son: The 7 rai is worth Bt20 million now, but it must be given over to illustrate reconciliation with the elites. [This refers to Shinawatra land that was donated in honor of HM The King’s visit to the Red Shirt stronghold of Ayuthaya.]
Pojaman says: 20 million, 20 million
Panthongtae says: It’s a pity. It’s a pity.
On the newspaper: Poo [PM Yingluck] and family give 7 rai of land
The caption reads: They are used to taking. Now they have to give for once and are suffering in trying to come to terms with it.
[Unlike many other political families, the Shinawatra’s have been accused of investing very little money to develop their political strongholds (unlike, for example, Banharn Silpa-archa who has developed Suphanburi). Also, Thaksin’s tenure as PM saw the financial worth of his family members soar as businesses rushed to heap financial deals on them to curry political favor.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out