A Bit of Rural Thailand Amid Bustling Bangkok – NYT, June 19, 2012
…Koh Kret, with a population of about 6,000, is known for its desserts, its pottery and a half-dozen small temples mostly strung along its 6-kilometer, or 3.7-mile, perimeter. But it is the countryside and the fresh breezes that are its real attraction…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions