From Manager, September 26, 2017
Red Shirt leader Nattawut: We don’t know what the verdict will be… If Khun Poo [nickname of Yingluck] was sentenced, then please open the right envelops and starting insulting as I wrote. If Khun Poo isn’t sentenced… open the left one… and praise the court.
On the left envelope: Praise the court
On the right envelope: Insult the court
Nattawut is flanked by Thida Thavornseth and Weng Tojirakarn
Caption: These people… have a good briefing.
[This jokes that the Red Shirt reaction to the Yingluck verdict will be tightly scripted.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished