From Thairath, November 5, 2013
Left, Thaksin: Miss Fortune teller, why am I still exiled and why can I not wipe out all wrongdoing?
Middle, fortune teller: Because you still have the wrongdoings which you have done in your previous life.
Thaksin: Ok. I see…
Right: Hey, Hua Khiang… Revise the blanket amnesty bill to cover all wrongdoing since my previous life. This is my order.
[Refers to a Thai Buddhist belief that wrongdoings in past lives can impact present events and particularly an individual’s luck. Hua Khiang is an alias of Pheu Thai member Prayuth Siripanich who proposed the blanket amnesty bill.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting