From Thairath, November 5, 2013
Left, Thaksin: Miss Fortune teller, why am I still exiled and why can I not wipe out all wrongdoing?
Middle, fortune teller: Because you still have the wrongdoings which you have done in your previous life.
Thaksin: Ok. I see…
Right: Hey, Hua Khiang… Revise the blanket amnesty bill to cover all wrongdoing since my previous life. This is my order.
[Refers to a Thai Buddhist belief that wrongdoings in past lives can impact present events and particularly an individual’s luck. Hua Khiang is an alias of Pheu Thai member Prayuth Siripanich who proposed the blanket amnesty bill.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta