Hundreds jailed by ‘fake’ bomb detectors in Thai south – AFP, September 13, 2012
…But the powerful military has refused to concede it was duped over its rumoured $20 million acquisition, or apologise to those held in what rights groups say is a flagrant miscarriage of justice.
Hassan said he was threatened and interrogated in detention and forced to point out friends from a school photograph.
Among them was Ayub who said he was arrested with no further evidence and held for two years before he was freed without a conviction or an apology….
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand's flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thaksin's "Electric Pole" Candidate Laid to Rest
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent