Hundreds jailed by ‘fake’ bomb detectors in Thai south – AFP, September 13, 2012
…But the powerful military has refused to concede it was duped over its rumoured $20 million acquisition, or apologise to those held in what rights groups say is a flagrant miscarriage of justice.
Hassan said he was threatened and interrogated in detention and forced to point out friends from a school photograph.
Among them was Ayub who said he was arrested with no further evidence and held for two years before he was freed without a conviction or an apology….
- Road to Victory is Red
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Three Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Leaders Accepted the Offer of Dissolution and Announced an End to their Rally
- Thaksin nominee who held his funds to keep them from being confiscated on trail for defrauding the former PM
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand