From Manager, September 28, 2017
Thaksin: Taking this role as a nomadic ghost may be adventure… but Poo, you don’t need to be worry… I have a lot of experience.
Caption: This role… this puppeteer is good at this.
[Refers to Thaksin and Yingluck (nicknamed “Poo”) who are both now exiled from Thailand.
As PM, Yingluck is widely considered to be a puppet with her brother Thaksin actually running the government during her administration.
The cartoonist shows both Thaksin ad Yingluck as ghosts, doomed to circle the nation and haunt its politics.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?