The problem with organic – The Nation, August 4, 2011
…The main problem with organic rice farming, says Nanta, is that it’s too labour intensive. Everything has to be done by hand including weed removal.
“It was costing me Bt2,000 to get rid of weeds every time. It’s much easier and cheaper to use chemical weed-killer,” she says.
She’s now opted for cost-reduction farming, which allows the use of herbicide and insecticides though not chemical fertilisers…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work