Thailand’s Elites Reconcile – The problem of Thaksin’s return may finally be resolved – WSJ, June 5, 2012
…But ultimately the red shirts may have no choice but to be patient. Once safely in Thailand and with his most talented lieutenants back in politics, Mr. Thaksin will be a formidable force again. Ms. Yingluck made a slew of ambitious promises to improve the lot of the poor, but it’s unlikely she can carry them out without her brother’s direct help.
On the other side, the Democrat Party and the yellow shirts face a bleaker future. Having outlived their usefulness, they have evidently been forsaken by their backers in the military and the palace…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey