- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
The one who causes the biggest headache
From Manager, November 24, 2010
The military commander-in-chief is saying: Eh... Who will instigate me to start a coup? I cannot think of...
The words on the newspaper reads: Mark reveals someone who tries to persuade the military to stage a coup to topple the government
The caption reads: The one who causes the biggest headache.
[This refers to rumors that pro-Thaksin groups (if not Thaksin himself) are pushing the army to overthrow the Democrat-led government since that government was responsible for deaths during the Red Shirt protests. By not stepping down after the deaths, the government is flaunting a longstanding tradition that says a government that kills its people is illegitimate. This plea for a coup also alludes to suspicions that Prayuth may be cooperating or is sympathetic to Thaksin. This seems to mean that Prayuth should be blamed as the power behind the government that the Manager group now opposes.]