The Northern Thailand Gold Rush – chiangraitimes.com, February 17, 2012
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…The survey also discovered gold veins in Thoen and Mae Phrik districts, Mr Somboon said. He said the gold deposit in Wang Nua district holds a fair amount of gold ore. Three grams of pure gold can be extracted from one tonne of rocks in the area, which is in keeping with accepted standards for gold-bearing deposits, Mr Somboon said. However, Mr Somboon said the amount of gold ore in the district is not enough to be developed for large-scale commercial gold mining…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament