From Thairath, March 24, 2015
Title: Planting the lime tree… isn’t it easier, uncle?
On the plant with teeth: New crisis for the country
Words on the sign at right: Uncle Tu’s lime tree [Tu is the nickname of Gen. Prayuth]
Phi Nooring: Plant the devil tree
Mouse: The constitution has a problem.
[The cartoon mocks PM Prayuth’s statement encouraging people to plant lime trees in order to solve the high prices of limes.
The face of Borwornsak Uwanno, head of the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) is on the plant. This cartoon is foreshadowing the likely next area of conflict for the Red Shirts–that the new constitution represents a crisis for the country and must be resisted by any means.]
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- The burning parties
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Jatuporn’s back
- Turn the ship around
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred