From Thairath, March 24, 2015
Title: Planting the lime tree… isn’t it easier, uncle?
On the plant with teeth: New crisis for the country
Words on the sign at right: Uncle Tu’s lime tree [Tu is the nickname of Gen. Prayuth]
Phi Nooring: Plant the devil tree
Mouse: The constitution has a problem.
[The cartoon mocks PM Prayuth’s statement encouraging people to plant lime trees in order to solve the high prices of limes.
The face of Borwornsak Uwanno, head of the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) is on the plant. This cartoon is foreshadowing the likely next area of conflict for the Red Shirts–that the new constitution represents a crisis for the country and must be resisted by any means.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018