From Thairath, March 24, 2015
Title: Planting the lime tree… isn’t it easier, uncle?
On the plant with teeth: New crisis for the country
Words on the sign at right: Uncle Tu’s lime tree [Tu is the nickname of Gen. Prayuth]
Phi Nooring: Plant the devil tree
Mouse: The constitution has a problem.
[The cartoon mocks PM Prayuth’s statement encouraging people to plant lime trees in order to solve the high prices of limes.
The face of Borwornsak Uwanno, head of the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) is on the plant. This cartoon is foreshadowing the likely next area of conflict for the Red Shirts–that the new constitution represents a crisis for the country and must be resisted by any means.]
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- The Bangkok bombs
- Spreading the Photo
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?
- Internal Conflicts
- Article 44 Lives
- Mocking Yingluck
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt Stability, July, 2019