From Thairath, March 24, 2015
Title: Planting the lime tree… isn’t it easier, uncle?
On the plant with teeth: New crisis for the country
Words on the sign at right: Uncle Tu’s lime tree [Tu is the nickname of Gen. Prayuth]
Phi Nooring: Plant the devil tree
Mouse: The constitution has a problem.
[The cartoon mocks PM Prayuth’s statement encouraging people to plant lime trees in order to solve the high prices of limes.
The face of Borwornsak Uwanno, head of the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) is on the plant. This cartoon is foreshadowing the likely next area of conflict for the Red Shirts–that the new constitution represents a crisis for the country and must be resisted by any means.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party