Why South-East Asia is fertile ground for mini-Trumps – The Economist, July 26, 2018
…From an ornate sofa, Mr Thaksin laments Thailand’s enduring wealth gap. “The economy is only good for a few, not for all,” he says. Yet he also claims to have seen the light, and to have turned against majoritarianism. Asked what he would do differently if he had another shot at running the country, he says he would not follow a “winner takes all” policy but an “embrace all” one instead. That is easy for him to say, of course, now that he is not winning.
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- What the US could learn from Thailand about health care coverage
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Enjoy the mutual benefit
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people