[This cartoon criticizes the junta’s populist plan that hands out 1000 baht to mid-level civil servants to boost the economy. It jokes that CP, owner of the popular convenience store 7-11 in Thailand, would be the one who receives the most benefit from this policy. 7-11’s extensive growth has put many traditional street-side shops out of business.
The Ministry of Finance has proposed ending the 1000 baht giveaway project and replacing it with an economic stimulus plan to focus on communities and villages.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party
- To resist dictatorship