The Great Wall of Thailand – WSJ, March 5, 2012
…She is acting as if her seven-month government wouldn’t survive a second deluge. Last year’s flood — the result of extraordinarily high rainfall, combined with major deforestation and too few catchment areas — had staggering economic effects. Economic output contracted by almost as much as it did after the 1997 financial crisis…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting