The Great Wall of Thailand – WSJ, March 5, 2012
…She is acting as if her seven-month government wouldn’t survive a second deluge. Last year’s flood — the result of extraordinarily high rainfall, combined with major deforestation and too few catchment areas — had staggering economic effects. Economic output contracted by almost as much as it did after the 1997 financial crisis…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders