Network Shinawatra – The Economist, February 4, 2014
…After so many generations of success in local business, along with the attendant patronage and political power, it’s hardly surprising that many people in the region should be fiercely protective of Ms Yingluck, the embattled prime minister. They insist that the anti-government protests in Bangkok must be opposed. If the situation there spirals out of control and Ms Yingluck is overthrown, by the army, say, or by Mr Suthep or even the courts, they say they will bring her back to Chiang Mai, the Shinawatra fief, and protect her here…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work