Giving Thaksin a run for his money – The Economist, August 4, 2012
…some argue that the failings of the DP are partly responsible for Thailand’s dysfunctional democracy, with its tendency for politics to be played out on the streets or through military coups. That the DP has failed to channel legitimate political sentiments and policies into election-winning platforms has all too often encouraged conservative and royalist activists (such as the Yellow Shirts) to bring central Bangkok to a halt or occupy the capital’s main airport instead…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out