From Thairath, March 28, 2012
Left: The first coup announcement: [The coup is] because the government cheated and was corrupt, committed lese majesty, and broke the principle of the Rule of Law Principle. Please stay tuned.
Right: The second coup announcement: We wish to forget the first coup announcement. Stop resurrecting the guilt from the past to create reconciliation. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The letters around the people indicate they are laughing.
[This refers to Gen. Sonthi’s apparent support of Pheu Thai reconciliation efforts that would result in bringing Thaksin back. This would includes Thaksin’s annual exhortations that everyone should “forgive and forget” the political transgressions of past years]
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying