From Manager, December 22, 2013
Suthep: Thanks, Tharit… today I have, because of you, a rally.
Caption: Don’t forget to thank him, Kamnun
On bags: Money donations
[Suthep is the leader of the anti-government rallies in Bangkok. Tharit Phengdit is director the Depart of Special Investigation (DSI).
Reference is to DSI decision to confiscate assets of PDR’s leaders including an account PDR opened for donations to support its rallies. The decision resulted in sympathizers donating millions in cash to Suthep.
‘Kumnun’ is the head of a sub-district. Suthep Thuagsuban started his political career as a Kumnun.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party