Thaksin warns of 'country in flames' - Bangkok Post, January 20, 2010
Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday night again accused the Abhisit administration of a double standard on law enforcement.
“An activist who fought for landless farmers in the South, Somporn Pattanaphum, was shot dead but the government has done nothing to resolve problems of poor farmers.
“Instead, the Democrat-led administration has provided protection for the person who encroached on a forest reserve. If such double standards continue, the country will be in flames (บ้านเมืองจะลุกเป็นไฟ-ban mueang ja luk pen fai),” Thaksin said in his “Talk around the World” program on his website.
Thaksin said he was sentenced to two years in jail just because he had signed to allow his former wife to lawfully buy a plot of land in Bangkok, but another person could occupy a block of land in a forest reserve with protection from the state.
- Sudarat is finished
- National strategy locked up for 20 years
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Instruct for hatred