Thaksin warns of 'country in flames' - Bangkok Post, January 20, 2010
Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday night again accused the Abhisit administration of a double standard on law enforcement.
“An activist who fought for landless farmers in the South, Somporn Pattanaphum, was shot dead but the government has done nothing to resolve problems of poor farmers.
“Instead, the Democrat-led administration has provided protection for the person who encroached on a forest reserve. If such double standards continue, the country will be in flames (บ้านเมืองจะลุกเป็นไฟ-ban mueang ja luk pen fai),” Thaksin said in his “Talk around the World” program on his website.
Thaksin said he was sentenced to two years in jail just because he had signed to allow his former wife to lawfully buy a plot of land in Bangkok, but another person could occupy a block of land in a forest reserve with protection from the state.
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!