Thaksin Visa Raises Questions in Thailand – WSJ, August 19, 2011
…Now, returned to the spotlight by last month’s landslide election victory for his sister and the populist Pheu Thai (For Thais) party, Mr. Thaksin is trying to repair his international reputation, analysts say—but may be doing it and the new government more harm than good.
“Mr. Thaksin wants to show that he’s Thailand’s de facto prime minister,” says Pavin Chachavalpongpun at the Institute for Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore. “But by doing so he’s putting Ms. Yingluck in jeopardy…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out