Thaksin Visa Raises Questions in Thailand – WSJ, August 19, 2011
…Now, returned to the spotlight by last month’s landslide election victory for his sister and the populist Pheu Thai (For Thais) party, Mr. Thaksin is trying to repair his international reputation, analysts say—but may be doing it and the new government more harm than good.
“Mr. Thaksin wants to show that he’s Thailand’s de facto prime minister,” says Pavin Chachavalpongpun at the Institute for Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore. “But by doing so he’s putting Ms. Yingluck in jeopardy…”
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets