From Manager, April 5, 2012
Thaksin’s lawyer Nopphadol says: Don’t worry, boss. I brought a snack box to give to the graven image already. [indicating an offering or bribe to the deity Phra Siam Devadhiraj who is the guardian angel of the nation. The offering of a cash incentive is said to be the way Thaksin deals with those who oppose him.]
On the newspaper: Pa Prem believes that the graven image will punish the person who betrays Thailand. [meaning Thailand’s guardian angel will punish those who wish to destroy the nation for their own ends–here meaning Thaksin]
The caption reads: It’s inefficient.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work