Thai King’s Advisers Key to Lese-Majeste Reform, Thaksin Says – businessweek.com, September 25, 2012
…“The privy councilors should be the ones who consider whether we should emphasize the process, whether it should be amended,” Thaksin, who was ousted in a 2006 coup, said in an interview in Singapore yesterday, referring to the lese-majeste law. “I don’t think the government will initiate. It must be initiated from the privy councilors”…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting