Thaksin Shinawatra presence felt even in absence as poll looms – FT, January 28, 2014
He has not posted on his official Facebook or Twitter accounts for more than a month and was last sighted on Webstagram posing with his daughters at the end of the trans-Siberian railway in December.
Yet, nine years since Thaksin Shinawatra won a contested election in Thailand and more than five years since he set foot in the country, his is still the name on many people’s lips in the run-up to fresh polls on Sunday – if they go ahead…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!