Thaksin Shinawatra presence felt even in absence as poll looms – FT, January 28, 2014
He has not posted on his official Facebook or Twitter accounts for more than a month and was last sighted on Webstagram posing with his daughters at the end of the trans-Siberian railway in December.
Yet, nine years since Thaksin Shinawatra won a contested election in Thailand and more than five years since he set foot in the country, his is still the name on many people’s lips in the run-up to fresh polls on Sunday – if they go ahead…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work