Thailand’s Thaksin says amnesty key to reconciliation – AP, July 17, 2012
…”Everyone says the same thing, that reconciliation must include amnesty,” he told a panel discussion at the Strategic Review Forum in Jakarta. “It’s long overdue for Thailand to bring about reconciliation.
“If you learn how to forgive, that’s the only key, it’s the key to reconciliation. I’d like to urge all parties in Thailand to forgive…”
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting