Thailand’s Thaksin says amnesty key to reconciliation – AP, July 17, 2012
…”Everyone says the same thing, that reconciliation must include amnesty,” he told a panel discussion at the Strategic Review Forum in Jakarta. “It’s long overdue for Thailand to bring about reconciliation.
“If you learn how to forgive, that’s the only key, it’s the key to reconciliation. I’d like to urge all parties in Thailand to forgive…”
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally