Analysis: Thaksin revival poses risks for new Thai PM – Reuters, August 18, 2011
…Most had expected Thaksin, who from exile webcam and telephone links to rally thousands of supporters against the previous government of Abhisit Vejjajiva, to lay low and allow his political allies to consolidate power and pave the way for an amnesty that could eventually bring him home.
But he has done exactly the opposite, planning high-profile trips to Japan and Cambodia that have embarrassed Yingluck and detracted attention from her policies.
“This rashness and haste on Thaksin’s part have come far sooner than I expected,” said Montesano…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out