Exiled Thai Leader Thaksin Signals Sister to Avert Political Crisis – Bloomberg news, September 25, 2012
…Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s ruling Pheu Thai party will probably drop plans to completely rewrite the constitution and amend it section-by-section instead to sidestep challenges that caused previous governments to fall, Thaksin said in an interview in Singapore yesterday. It will also shelve a bill granting a broad amnesty that would include him until “the timing is right,” he said.
…While another coup can’t be ruled out, Thaksin said, it wouldn’t easily succeed.
“If it were to happen again it would not be a quiet coup, no blood,” he said. “It’s because the people are aware. The last coup made their life worse so they know they would not allow it to easily happen again.”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out