Lawyer suffers heart attack during trial involving Thaksin Shinawatra money in Dubai’s highest court – Gulf News, May 20, 2013
…Prosecutors charged K.K. of convincing the former Thai premier to open an account in his name and transfer the money to avoid it being seized by European authorities due to the political tensions that Shinawatra faced in Thailand.
The former premier did so after agreeing to be commissioned to run the account, but the defendant, according to prosecutors, deposited the money into his personal account…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting