Thaksin seeks partnership in Myanmar – yomiuri.co.jp, June 17, 2012
Visiting former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra stressed the necessity of a partnership between Japan and Thailand on the development of a special economic zone in Myanmar, an impoverished Southeast Asian country now on the road to democracy.
Thaksin said during an exclusive interview with The Yomiuri Shimbun on Friday that Myanmar, Thailand’s neighbor, has granted Thai companies concessions to develop a special economic zone in Dawei in the southern part of the country.
Economic development of Dawei will be “an important strategy for both Japan and Thailand,” Thaksin said…
Although he was criticized for being too authoritarian and plutocratic during his term, Thaksin said he does not regret anything. “If I were prime minister again, I’d do the same thing,” Thaksin said…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work