From Komchadleuk, April 22, 2014
Clown: My family and I will totally leave politics so that the country become peaceful again.
[The clown is Thaksin Shinawatra. This is meant to the convey the idea that his statements are untrustworthy or false as he has shown he will fight hard to hold onto power and has falsely claimed he has retired from politics many times.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally