Thailand’s PTT wins battle for Cove as Shell drops out – Financial Times, July 16, 2012
…For PTT, buying Cove is central to its push to diversify Thailand’s sources of natural gas and to increase imports of liquefied natural gas. PTT’s chief executive, Pailin Chuchottaworn, told the Financial Times last month that the Cove bid was “part of a strategy,” and was “a very careful, calculated move.” He also emphasized that it came at a time when PTT – which is about two-thirds government owned – was seeking to redefine its role as a national oil company and be more proactive in mergers and acquisitions…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit