Thailand’s PTT wins battle for Cove as Shell drops out – Financial Times, July 16, 2012
…For PTT, buying Cove is central to its push to diversify Thailand’s sources of natural gas and to increase imports of liquefied natural gas. PTT’s chief executive, Pailin Chuchottaworn, told the Financial Times last month that the Cove bid was “part of a strategy,” and was “a very careful, calculated move.” He also emphasized that it came at a time when PTT – which is about two-thirds government owned – was seeking to redefine its role as a national oil company and be more proactive in mergers and acquisitions…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter