Thailand’s Pen-ek Ratanaruang on Risking It All to Film the Paradoxes of Thai Democracy – HR, July 8, 2012
…Paradoxocracy, co-directed with Pen-ek’s longtime friend and producer, Pasakorn Pramoolwong, begins with the 1932 Siamese Revolution — which transformed Thailand from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional one — and works its way up to the present day, chronicling the country’s major political revolutions, movements, and countless coups along the way. Using a combination of archival footage, voice-overs and interviews with 15 unnamed academics, activists and political leaders, the film presents the directors’ personal journey to come to an understanding of how their country arrived at its current state of near-constant political division and dysfunction…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter