Exploring Thailand’s Taste for Nostalgia – WSJ, August 2, 2012
…In the 1960s, the country’s military “was in power, and the Americans were around” due to the war in Vietnam, says Charnvit Kasetsiri, a prominent Thai historian and Southeast Asia expert at Bangkok’s Thammasat University. It was also when Thailand’s royal family “was becoming the center of the nation,” he says. “Some people, especially in the top or middle class, do feel nostalgia for the 1960s and 1970s. It was the good old days…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out