Thailand’s economy isn’t a Land of Smiles – CNBC, July 26, 2015
…”Rural households are hit by a perfect storm in agriculture, drying up their cash flows when the debt burden remains elevated,” said Credit Suisse’s Santitarn, referring to the nine consecutive months of declines in international rice prices and the ruling military-backed government’s efforts to halt subsidies.
“Although the government has stepped up to provide $1.8 billion worth of soft loans to support farmers, we suspect the damage has been done. We expect this to act as further headwinds to consumption going forward,” Santitarn said…
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Express condolences to beloved cartoonist Tom
- Big men have the same excuses
- The Power of the Ax
- Cabinet going over the falls
- Weekly News Magazines: Bad Omens at Govt House, February, 2018
- Student Hero
- Drinking blood
- Last thing he saw
- I burned the city? When?
- Who will help Premchai escape?