Thailand’s economy isn’t a Land of Smiles – CNBC, July 26, 2015
…”Rural households are hit by a perfect storm in agriculture, drying up their cash flows when the debt burden remains elevated,” said Credit Suisse’s Santitarn, referring to the nine consecutive months of declines in international rice prices and the ruling military-backed government’s efforts to halt subsidies.
“Although the government has stepped up to provide $1.8 billion worth of soft loans to support farmers, we suspect the damage has been done. We expect this to act as further headwinds to consumption going forward,” Santitarn said…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!