Thailand’s biggest airport bursting at the seams – thejakartapost.com, November 21, 2015
…Demand for boarding gates is so intense that airlines are increasingly being forced to park their planes in remote bays and use buses to ferry their passengers there. This is delaying connections, say airline managers.
Maintenance crew are scurrying to keep up with the increased wear and tear on infrastructure like runways, and check-in queues are spilling over into public access areas during peak hours.
Harried airline operators made a startling call last month to ban new flights at the airport.
Mr Louis Moser, chairman of Thailand’s Airline Operators Committee, told the Bangkok Post then that the “authorities should come to their senses”…
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!