Thailand’s biggest airport bursting at the seams – thejakartapost.com, November 21, 2015
…Demand for boarding gates is so intense that airlines are increasingly being forced to park their planes in remote bays and use buses to ferry their passengers there. This is delaying connections, say airline managers.
Maintenance crew are scurrying to keep up with the increased wear and tear on infrastructure like runways, and check-in queues are spilling over into public access areas during peak hours.
Harried airline operators made a startling call last month to ban new flights at the airport.
Mr Louis Moser, chairman of Thailand’s Airline Operators Committee, told the Bangkok Post then that the “authorities should come to their senses”…
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017