Thailand’s Andrew Jackson Moment – huffingtonpost.com, February 14, 2014
…”In keeping with the [Buddhist teachings of the] Middle Way, political figures have been moderately corrupt but with sensitivity to the transience of life. No one until recently attempted to dominate either the state or the economy.” Thaksin, Race notes, has amassed billions by consistently choosing “My Way” over the modest “Middle Way.”
“This is not elite against poor,” the strategic consultant Joe Horn says to me. “This is elite revolting against uber-elite. It all had to do with Thaksin’s monopolizing power…”
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- Can they dissolve the party?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts