Thailand wants refugee returned – nzherald.co.nz, January 8, 2015
[This brings to mind recent advice from an anti-monarchy activist advising Thais who want to immigrate that they could accomplish this by insulting the monarchy and then claiming refugee status overseas.]
…Thai spokesman Sek Wannamethee said Thailand had asked New Zealand officials to clarify Mr Ekaphop’s refugee status.
“Mr Ekaphop is exploiting his status granted by the New Zealand Government to conduct political activities which have reverse impact on Thailand’s security,” he said.
“Such a movement is considered an obstacle to the peace-building process and the good relationship between both countries. Therefore, Thailand requested New Zealand to revoke his status in order to stop his actions against the law…”
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Red Shirt and Black Panther
- RIP “Rong” Narong Prapasanobol, cartoonist