Fraud suspects transferred – chinadaily.com.cn, May 25, 2012
…Yang said the suspects were based in Taiwan and funded the whole fraud operation. Others were divided into several major groups, including phone calls, network maintenance, and specialists in withdrawing, transferring and laundering money.
“The ring leaders bought or rented network servers and equipment to set up the host computer and circuits in Taiwan, and calling bases were scattered in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia and even Fiji,” he said.
“Meanwhile, they mainly hired unemployed young men from the Chinese mainland, who were cheated to work abroad with high salaries with tourist visas, and received formal training to form a complete fraud operation,” Yang said…
- Road to Victory is Red
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Three Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Leaders Accepted the Offer of Dissolution and Announced an End to their Rally
- Thaksin nominee who held his funds to keep them from being confiscated on trail for defrauding the former PM
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand