Some of the best quotes ever: Thailand tourism is like an easy date – eturbonews.com, February 1, 2013
…Thailand, is a like a cunning cheerleader, a good looker, an easy date who cheats at her exams and gossips about her friends, but is perpetually popular despite her shortcomings…
Thai tourism authorities are “marketing geniuses but management dunces…”
The streets are festooned with vendors, prostitutes, robbers (often the police), stray dogs and their feces. “But still the tourists come,” he said.
Tourists are mugged, robbed, raped, scammed, and charged double pricing, “but still they come,” he smiled wistfully.
He likened tourists to abused wives. They are beaten, but still they come back…
He said that Thailand’s position was: “We want to take your money, but we don’t want a negative image…”
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Three Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Nike Factories In Thailand