Thailand tourism video Love En Route criticised for featuring Instagram stalker – Indepoendent, February 28, 2015
…Jennifer Perry, CEO of the Digital-Trust abuse charity, has accused the video’s makers of being naive in their portrayal of what is effectively stalking.
She told The Independent that there are many apps which are geared around people meeting each other, but she warned that like the Love En Route film makers, the creators don’t think like an abuser. They therefore do not realise that they are feeding into a pervading view that it’s OK to pursue someone even if they say no.
…She added that the video reflects a naive attitude towards relationships, and it may have had a different ending if it reflected reality.
“It’s a naive view of the world and a very naive view of women that suggests we want to be pursued, and that as long as you’re persistent and charming you can get them to change you mind and you will end up with her as a prize. We see that in film after film. It’s a common thing. That’s a dangerous myth,” she said.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand has not yet responded to a request for a comment.
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too