Thailand To Open Three More Rail Routes In Next Five Years – Bernama, August 6, 2012
…The first phase of the 23-km purple route from Bang Yai in Nonthaburi province to Bang Sue in Bangkok will be completed in Oct 2015 with a projected average daily commuters of 96,600.
A second phase of the route will run between Bang Sue and Ratchaburana in the city’s Thonburi side and has a distance of 19.8 kilometres.
The second rail, called blue route, will run from Hua Lampong to Bang Kae in Thonburi and is expected to be completed in 2017.
Construction of the green route from Bearing Station to Samut Prakan province will also be completed in 2017.
Chula estimates that some 57 per cent of vehicle owners in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces would switch to travelling by public transport once the three rail routes are open.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished