Thailand To Open Three More Rail Routes In Next Five Years – Bernama, August 6, 2012
…The first phase of the 23-km purple route from Bang Yai in Nonthaburi province to Bang Sue in Bangkok will be completed in Oct 2015 with a projected average daily commuters of 96,600.
A second phase of the route will run between Bang Sue and Ratchaburana in the city’s Thonburi side and has a distance of 19.8 kilometres.
The second rail, called blue route, will run from Hua Lampong to Bang Kae in Thonburi and is expected to be completed in 2017.
Construction of the green route from Bearing Station to Samut Prakan province will also be completed in 2017.
Chula estimates that some 57 per cent of vehicle owners in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces would switch to travelling by public transport once the three rail routes are open.
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Analysis: The last time a coup chief became prime minister after elections
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- We really care about Thaksin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness