Thailand To Open Three More Rail Routes In Next Five Years – Bernama, August 6, 2012
…The first phase of the 23-km purple route from Bang Yai in Nonthaburi province to Bang Sue in Bangkok will be completed in Oct 2015 with a projected average daily commuters of 96,600.
A second phase of the route will run between Bang Sue and Ratchaburana in the city’s Thonburi side and has a distance of 19.8 kilometres.
The second rail, called blue route, will run from Hua Lampong to Bang Kae in Thonburi and is expected to be completed in 2017.
Construction of the green route from Bearing Station to Samut Prakan province will also be completed in 2017.
Chula estimates that some 57 per cent of vehicle owners in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces would switch to travelling by public transport once the three rail routes are open.
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018