Compared to other developing countries, Thailand has always had an amazing amount of major political news stories each week. The events of the last few years has only increased this.
Take four years ago in late February 2006:
PM close to quitting,
Thaksin filing multiple lawsuits against newspaper and political parties for defamation and "obstruction of democracy,"
Thai press talking about the evil omens of the Thaksin years, government TV reporters fired for interviewing the opposition,
and, of course, CNN pondering Thailand's "presidential crisis."
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!