Compared to other developing countries, Thailand has always had an amazing amount of major political news stories each week. The events of the last few years has only increased this.
Take four years ago in late February 2006:
PM close to quitting,
Thaksin filing multiple lawsuits against newspaper and political parties for defamation and "obstruction of democracy,"
Thai press talking about the evil omens of the Thaksin years, government TV reporters fired for interviewing the opposition,
and, of course, CNN pondering Thailand's "presidential crisis."
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing