Thailand Tallies Billions in Rice Program Losses – VOA, November 19, 2014
…But regional rice producing countries such as India, Vietnam and Myanmar, increased their harvests and sold more exports on the open market, better meeting demand than they had in years past.
That meant the Thai rice went unsold and payments to farmers were delayed. The government began stockpiling the unsold rice, which authorities now estimate at 19 million metric tons…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example