Thailand set for return to ‘Thaksinomics’ – AFP, July 10, 2011
…Thailand has made great strides in reducing poverty, with 8.1 percent of the population living below the national poverty line in 2009, one of the lowest rates in developing Asia, according to the World Bank.
But there are significant inequalities in the distribution of wealth, particularly between Bangkok and the rural northeast, the heartland of Thaksin’s “Red Shirt” supporters.
The richest 20 percent of Thai households account for nearly half of total household incomes, the Asian Development Bank estimates…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament