Thailand plugs into growth of nearest neighbours – afr.com, December 3, 2012
A huge map showing road and rail links across mainland south-east Asia in the foyer of the Thai Finance Ministry might prompt a casual visitor to wonder whether there is a travel agent just around the corner.
But the display is actually a road map to Thai economic policy these days, designed to drive home the point that Thailand now sees itself at the heart of an emerging sub-continental economy sprawling from India to the South China Sea and snaking up into the southern provinces of China…
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Road to Victory is Red
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Three Years Ago: Burning Bangkok
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- The Hopewell Project