More Than 900 Environmental Advocates Slain In A Decade As Concern For The Planet Grows – AP, April 14, 2014
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…As head of his village, Prajob Naowa-opas battled to save his community in central Thailand from the illegal dumping of toxic waste by filing petitions and leading villagers to block trucks carrying the stuff — until a gunman in broad daylight fired four shots into him.
A year later, his three alleged killers, including a senior government official, are on trial for murder. The dumping has been halted and villagers are erecting a statue to their slain hero…
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?